Gum disease is a very common condition where the gums become swollen, sore and infected. Most adults in the UK have gum disease to some degree and most people experience it at least once in their life time. It’s much less common in children. If you have gum disease, your gums may bleed when you brush your teeth and you may have bad breath. This early stage of gum disease is known as gingivitis.
If gingivitis isn’t treated, a condition called periodontitis can develop. This affects the tissues that support teeth and hold them firmly in place. If periodontitis isn’t treated, the bone in your jaw may be damaged and small spaces can open up between the gum and teeth. Your teeth can become loose and may eventually fall out.
Gum Treatment Costs
- Hygiene visit for 30 minutes £50
- Stain removal up to 45 minutes from £75
- Periodontal treatment session from £150
- Surgical gum treatment including laser treatment £700 per side of the jaw
- Gum graft up to two adjacent teeth from £400